Code of Ethics
All puppy buyers must read this Code of Conduct and agree to it BEFORE a reservation can be accepted from Doodledoos.
Purchasing a puppy is a lifetime commitment. We expect our puppy purchasers to understand that puppy ownership holds great responsibility and dedication. A new puppy is not a play-thing to be discarded or handed back when things get hard. We ask all future owners of ANY puppy to think very carefully of all the implications involved in taking on a new puppy BEFORE making a commitment to the breeder.
* Our puppies are born and socialised within the family home, mixing from an early age with our own two young children and other pets.
* Our dogs are properly housed, fed, watered and exercised.
* We will not breed from any bitch under 17/18 months old, preferably 18 months old (miniatures), that has not been hip scored, elbow scored, BVA Eye Tested Clear and DNA tested for prcd form of PRA (Pro Retinal Atrophy) and also vet checked before mating, and will not breed consecutive seasons.
* We do not release our puppies to their new homes before 8 weeks of age.
* We do not not sell our puppies or dogs to pet shops, or to be given as a prize in a contest of any kind.
* We ensure all our dogs have the appropriate vaccinations and veterinary attention when required.
* Our puppies are neutered at approx 8-9 weeks of age before they leave for their new homes.
* We provide written instructions (diet sheet, helpful hints etc) to all new owners on physical, emotional and social care.
* We provide written instructions on all dietary, worming, and immunisation requirements and offer 4 weeks free insurance with each puppy.
* We will not knowingly misrepresent, advertise or mislead anyone regarding the characteristics of any dog.
* We ask all new owners to enter into a Puppy Contract - giving both parties peace of mind.
* We will only sell dogs to homes that can offer happy healthy lives and responsible ownership to our puppies and will help with re-homing should circumstances change.
* A deposit is a serious commitment to The Breeder that you wish to reserve/purchase a puppy from us and is non-refundable should your circumstances change or you disagree with the CoE AFTER leaving the deposit. A deposit is only refundable if The Breeder is unable to fulfil the obligation to provide you with a puppy of the preferred colour/gender. Visitors will be permitted into our home after showing their serious intent to purchase a puppy from us by paying the deposit prior to visiting.
* All our Puppies are microchipped and receive FULL vaccinations before leaving for their new homes - I am a qualified Microchipper (Peddymark).
* We reserve the right to decline selling a puppy/adult dog to a prospective new owner for whatever reason and in this instance the deposit will be refunded.
* We offer an after-care service, for as long as you and your new puppies need us.
* We are a private home in which our puppies are raised, and therefore we ask that all visitors wear the protective footwear and gloves that we provide on Viewing and Collection Days.
* Viewing is ONLY permitted provided the Breeder has approved your application and you have paid a deposit. NOTE COVID 19 REGULATIONS APPLY.
We are proud to be Founder Members of The UK Doodle Club and the UK Australian Labradoodle Club and the ALAUK - promoting good health, responsible breeding, sound temperaments and transparency.
All our Australian infusions will be spayed and neutered by the breeder before leaving for their new homes. This incurs a cost of approx £200 which is absorbed within the cost of each puppy.